We got a letter today from immigration and they accepted us as residents in NZ. This has been an interesting process that wasn't too difficult at any one point. It was just a lot of small hoops.
Here is what we had to do to get residency here:
- Fill out the online Expression of Interest form to get scored to be able to apply for residency.
- Get accepted to apply for residency. They then send you a big packet with information and more forms to fill in. There is also a big list of documents they need to process the application.
- List of documents:
- Comprehensive medial check with X-ray(for TB) and blood work
- Background checks in all countries lived in for more than one year
- This included getting fingerprints here and sending off the application to the FBI
- Proof of qualifications which included certified copies of our diplomas.
- Detailed work history
- Current contract for work in NZ
- Our current passports
- And more.