Sunday, November 16, 2008

I did the Auckland Harbour Crossing!

Yay, I swam across the Auckland Harbour today in the organized sea swim. I could have swam a lot farther. I think I'll try to do another ocean swim for a farther distance. They do a swim around Rangitoto that is about 4.8kms. I think the only thing holding me back is the chafing around my neck from my wetsuit. I used some anti-chafing stuff (comes in a deodorant type dispenser), which helped, but I still have a sensitive raw ring around my neck that burned like hell when I took a bath. I'll post my time result when they come in.

I was going to go for a jog today too, to start preparing for a triathlon, but I fell fast asleep after my bath. I'm making up for the last two sleepless nights. I think I was a little nervous, glad I finished and had fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there! Just a hello from a fellow American (PA) living in New Zealand. I am pretty amazed at your involvement in all these physical challenges! I find that living in New Zealand has definitely opened me up to a more active lifestyle, but triathlons and sea swims are still a far ways off for me!

I also wanted to mention that you and your readers might be interested in a project my husband and I have just finished working on.

We have just independently produced a New Zealand immigration & settlement DVD called Go New Zealand. We made the DVD to help other immigrants from all over the world who, like ourselves, were thinking about moving to New Zealand but unsure where to start. Go New Zealand shows what moving to and living in New Zealand is like. We have been happily living in Wellington for 3 years now and just wanted to share what opportunities New Zealand has to offer. Maybe you have some friends/family that need some convincing to come over!

We’re trying to tell as many people as we can about our DVD and hoped you might help. If you think it’s relevant we’d love for you to post about it on your blog or link to us. In exchange we can offer you and your readers a 10% discount on the DVD. Let me know what you think!

Cheers!
Melanie