Friday, July 18, 2008

My Bianchi Volpe

Yay, I'm so excited about my new bike, a Bianchi Volpe! We are like one now that I have the clipless peddles. I can power up our steep bumpy driveway. I was really hesitant to get a new bike for fear I wouldn't ride it. That is definitely not going to be the case with this bike. It's such a pleasure to ride. I just went out and rode about 40ks and this is the first time I've been on a bike in over 3 years, dam! It's been too long.

Here's a cute little pin-up at the local wetland park - Roberta Reserve - that's on the round the bay bike loop.



Somehow Adam and I stumbled into American Cyclery, what must be one of the best bicycle shops I've been in for a while. After experiencing some asshats down the street, the guys at American cyclery were like talking to some old friends who had some great bikes to share. I spent practically the entire day testing out all of the bikes before landing on the steel frame Volpe. I think it reminded me of my old Bridgestone in college. Anyway big thanks to the mechanic and the guys adding the commuting paraphanelia (racks, fenders etc). They didn't try to sell me the most expensive gear, just what was practical.

Again thanks to Adam for putting it together and teaching me to tune, and June for getting it to the airport. I'm a happy bike rider again! Let's hope car drivers don't ruin it for me.

No comments: